To access our calendar, important documents, and the staff directory, please click on the links left on this screen.
Welcome to Frank Maddock High School!
Grades Taught: 9-12
- Frank Maddock High School includes grades 9 to 12 which caters to high school students in the Wild Rose School Division for the town of Drayton Valley and the outlying regions.
- It currently has 497 enrolled students, 26.0 FTE Teaching Staff, and 10.0 FTE Support Staff.
- Drayton Valley is a town of 14,000 people (including the surrounding area, where the major industry is resource based and the accompanying services that support that, as well as local town businesses, farming, and social and health services to support the town and local rural region).
- Frank Maddock High School offers a full and comprehensive university preparatory and non-university preparatory academic program to cater to the individual needs of all of our students.
- Our CTS programs include Mechanics, Fabrication, Construction, Foods, Cosmetology, Art, Personal Fitness, French, Drama, Computer Technology, Student-Directed Learning and Leadership.
- Off-Campus Programs include Work Experience, Green Certificate, Special Projects and RAP.
- Our inclusive education environment is supported by a Student Success Facilitator who, in consultation with the Learning Services Team, teachers and the administration, supports all students. Further support services available to students from a school-based family wellness worker, the Community School Resource Officer, and the school division Director of Wellness help to support student emotional health and mental wellness.
- Sports and Extracurricular include Football, Cross-Country Running, Volleyball, Basketball, Rugby, Badminton, Curling, Golf, Track and Field, Cheer (club only for 2020-2021), Drama, Travel Club, Student Union, Grad, Student Leadership, GSA and much more!
Frank Maddock High School Mission Statement
To provide a safe environment for students to confidently engage in their own journey of personal growth, empowering them for a successful future beyond high school
Frank Maddock High School Mottos
A Warrior Rises Above All Others
2021-2022 Inquiry Question, Strategies and Measures
Our goal is to provide a safe environment for students to confidently engage in their own journey of personal growth, empowering them for a successful future beyond high school. This inquiry question is directly aligned with the WRSD Powerful Learning Environment (PLE) Framework. The evidence that has driven our emphasis on this inquiry question has come from data in our accountability pillar; conversations with staff, students, and parents; and data collected throughout the year from classroom learning, professional learning conversations, FMHS professional learning communities, and more.
Our inquiry question is: How does the FMHS team support students on their personal path of self-discovery in preparation for their successful future beyond high school?
At FMHS, we have determined two key areas to emphasize in order to ensure that the FMHS team is supporting students on their personal path of self-discovery in preparation for their successful future beyond high school.
- Enhancing the Sense of Belonging for Everyone at FMHS
- Ensuring High Levels of Learning for All Students