Parents will receive an autodialer call for unexcused absences. If you have any questions about an absence in a specific class, please email the teacher by clicking on Contact on our website or by clicking on the teacher's name in PowerSchool.
If you get repeated autodialer calls, please contact the school to find out why. Sometimes a class was not changed due to missing paperwork and calling us can help us fix that. Other times a student is not clear on their attendance expectations and contacting us helps us ensure everyone has the correct information.
Attendance Process and Expectations
- Attendance is taken each block
- Students are responsible for attending all classes and communicating their whereabouts with the teacher at all times. Students cannot skip a class to do homework from another class; students should use Tutorial block for this purpose
- Attendance appears in PowerSchool. Parents can create a PowerSchool account and view attendance at any time--see the Parents tab on this website for more information about setting up an account
- Grade 10-12 students need to register for Tutorial blocks on a daily basis. If they are absent from where they signed up or did not sign up, they will be marked absent and an automated phone call will go home. Grade 9 students are automatically signed up
- An automated phone call will go home at approximately 5:00 PM each day to inform parents which blocks a student was absent in
- If a parent calls in to excuse an absence, the attendance is marked "P" for Parent Excused and an automated phone call does not get sent home
- If a parent has questions about a student's attendance, they can contact the school or email the teacher directly to verify details of the absence
- Students are NOT marked absent if they are late; instead, they are marked late and the number of minutes late is recorded
- Parents can call the school and request an Attendance Profile any time
- Teachers or Admin will phone home if repeated absences are impacting student progress