Using Powerschool to view student information
Parents and guardians can view Powerschool by getting their child to log in and show them the information or by setting up an account. Please contact the office, 780-542-4401 for instructions.
- On the home page
- the last two weeks of attendance
- the student's courses and teachers--click on the teacher's name to see the email address
- student's current grade--click on the grade to see a list of assignments/tests and individual grades
- student's grade
- a summary of absences and lates--click on the number to see a list of dates
- On the side menu
- Grades History
- Attendance History
- Teacher Comments (at report card time)
- School Bulletin--updated information that is read in morning announcements
- Class Registration--used in April when requesting courses for next year
- My Schedule
- School Information
- Flex Session-where grade 10-12 students sign up for Tutorial blocks
- Flex Calendar--shows which Tutorial blocks have been signed up for
Student Grades, Report Cards and Progress Points
Practice and feedback are an important part of learning. In order to support students and teachers to keep assignments and tests up to date, there will be two progress points in the semester (which take the place of the mid-semester report card). Report cards will still be done at the end of each term.
Parents and guardians can support students by checking Powerschool and ensuring all work is completed before the Progress Point deadline.
Progress Point 1
October 1--all assignments, tests and projects are due. After this date, late work can no longer be accepted. Teachers may negotiate how to reassess learning at a later date but previous assessments cannot be used. This is to prevent students handing in work from early in the semester in the last weeks of the term because there is little learning taking place when this happens.
October 9--grades in Powerschool will be up to date
October 10-- Parent Teacher Interviews from 5:00-7:30--each teacher will have a sign-up sheet outside their classroom so parents/guardians can book 10 minutes appointment slots starting at 5:00
Progress Point 2
November 2--all assignments, tests and projects due
November 9--all grades in Powerschool will be up to date
November 14--Parent Teacher Interviews from 5:00-7:30
Term End Report Card
January 18--diploma marks due
January 22--all marks due
Report Cards distributed in first week of February